Tuesday, April 12, 2016

T-Mobile LG G3 D851 Lollipop Upgrade killed my WIFI Calling

After a system update from lovely provider T-Mobile, WiFi Calling on the LG G3 Lollipop ceased to operate, after another update, a factory reset, multiple "tweaks" from probably 15 T Mobile support links I decided to do the only thing that had a consensus of working, DOWNGRADE to KitKat, and in essence tell T Mobile and tier useless warranty to go bang tar on the incredulous universe that they call "sucking money from useless idiots like myself who use their stock phones"

Here is how I moved on from the T Mobile Plantation:
1. Downgrade from Lollipop to KitKat D851:
and

2. After up and running try to disable OTA and System Updates to no avail, but downloaded this app:
in case Google Play breaks:

3. Now root this baby and get some freedom, added SuperU and some xPosed stuff albeit I dont have time to learn.


These 3 steps took less than 50 min, while looking around t-mobile support took 12 hours....U do the math....

Thanks to Max Lee @ youtube.com and  Doug @ androidexplained.com and the numerous sources of comments that had some or near none or ambiguously some related help in my path to a non-bricked android phone for once!

I now have WiFi Calling working once again.!

No comments:

Post a Comment