Thursday, July 31, 2014

BI Visualization with Asp.net, SQL and R: Open Source, low cost and pretty cool!

I got this recruiting email which lead me to this , thought u guys might find an interesting read....looks like free BI and Visualization to me, if I was building a BI product for on the cheap, this would be pretty cool, especially for people who suck at Math like me!




U ever hear of R? Looks like a pretty cool alternative to do statistical analysis on Tabular data and to create really slick charts in boom...a few lines of code!!


I kind of like how U can pass R data as a SQL view, and it can pivot, create charts, I know its bad to mix presentation and business code, but hey this guys is a Math PHD, its always cool to see what a mathematician does with a little programming knowledge, especially in analytic's and visualizing non-linear relationships.

I could see how we could create a :
Relationship between signal, channel, and seat for a signal elastic airline/tail.
ect..

He shows an example plot and data: "Using statistical modelling, we could infer a mathematical relationship (simply speaking – a formula) between profit, price, cost, and quantity. This formula would show whether the volume increase due to the price decrease can compensate for the losses (or even often uplift profit) due to the price reduction. This concept of nonlinear relationship between various factors is not uncommon in science or/and business"


I especially like how we can pivot easily, just give R a table and call t() function:
Inline image 1

Inline image 2


Then boom:
Inline image 3

No comments:

Post a Comment