Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Android Receipt Apps: the top 3 out of the 15 I tried

Recently I had the need and urge to utilize an expense/receipt tracking app for Android that would offload my paper trail....out of the 10 to 15 that I tried only three really stood out based on my criteria which was
1) Simple and Clean interface
2) highly accurate OCR and
3) Export to CSV
.... I did not need was a rich expense tracking app for a wide range of categories or rich reporting so here's what I found ...here are my top three
1) HelloReceipts
These guys had the most accurate OCR I tested (batch of 10 varying receipts)this app even picked up dates and handwriten amounts, and tax & auto categorized! compared to the others the clean interface, basic export functionality, clean mobile and web interface and highly accurate OCR made this simple tool my go 2 expense tracking app ...great for any small biz or personal use! No frills just works
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.intelliware.helloreceiptandroid
2) Receipt by Waze
This app was a close second very good OCR the only downfall was the high number of categories and the defaults were a little arduous to deal with that might be better for it growing company and someone who wants really detailed categorization of receipts
3) NumReceipts.
And third I pick this over the most popular receipt app expensify because of the unique Rich interface with a lot of visualisations including charts graphs and expense to income comparison allowing the user to compare expenses and income and for my testing the OCR was better than expensify
The rest...wasted around 1 week downloading and testing..again my criterion was very specific...
Expensify
Docufy
CamScanner
SmartReceipts
MoneyFlo
CashReceipts
ReceiptsBank
Concur
Zaim
Yeah that's how much time I spent save yourself some time and download one of those top three you won't be disappointed and they're free

Here is the UI, notice the date filled in AND Vendor!
Mobile App


Web App

No comments:

Post a Comment